If you had purchased MS Word, you are supposed to activate the product within 30 days. If you fail to do this activation in the specified time period, the program may get locked. Here, I wish to mention two methods for activating the MS Word application.
How to Activate MS Word online?
For activating MS Word program via online you need an active internet connection.
- Open MS Word program on your Windows computer. For this, click Start and then select All Programs option from the Start menu.
- Now locate the Microsoft Office folder in the generated applications list and then select Microsoft Word.
- Click on the File tab and then choose Help tab from the drop-down file menu.
- In order to start the Activation process, you need to access the tab that reads Activate Product key.
- Follow the onscreen guidelines to finish the activation procedure. Here you need to provide the Product key for activating the product online.
- Once you have finished the activation wizard, close the MS Word program.
Re-launch the MS Word application again to confirm whether the product is activated properly or not. Follow the below mentioned instructions to confirm.
- Click on the File tab, and then choose HELP tab.
- If the product is activated correctly then you may not find the Activate Product Key option in the Help options.
How to activate MS Word over the Telephone?
You can follow the same instructions mentioned above to launch the Activation wizard.
- Input your product key when prompted. Once you finish this, you are provided with an installation ID and a telephone number for activating the product over the telephone.
- Call up the activation center using the phone number provided on the activation wizard. The Microsoft Tech Support representative will ask you for the installation ID and after verification will provide you a confirmation ID.
- Input the confirmation ID into the space provided in the activation Wizard followed by pressing the Enter Key. When finished, close MS Word program.
Now open MS Word again by double-clicking the MS Word icon on the desktop screen.
- Click File, and then select the Help option.
- If the application is activated correctly, then you will not find the Activate Product Key option in the drop-down help menu.
If you find any difficulty in following the above discussed instructions, contact the Microsoft Tech Support panel for additional support.
Windows Vista operating system comes with a Parental Control feature, which limits access to specific programs and games on the system. Once enabled, you need to enter the password each time to access the blocked programs. This computer usage management tool is very useful to manage how your children use the computer.
In this article I wish to serve some points offered by the Windows Vista help team for setting up Parental Control in Windows Vista. In case, you find any difficulty or encounter error messages while attempting to set up Parental controls, contact the Vista Support center to avail further assistance.
How to Turn on Parental Controls?
- Tag along the Windows Start button and from the popped-up Windows Vista Start menu; access the option that reads Control Panel. This will open up a new window, the Control Panel.
- Now select the option marked User Accounts from the Control Panel. Input your administrator account password when prompted.
- From the User account window that displays, select the option marked Set up Parental Controls.
- Now choose the standard user accounts from the drop-down list that you wish to assign Parental Controls.
- Now click on the button labeled On under the heading Parental Controls.
After enabling the Parental Controls, modify the individual settings that you wish to control. The choices include.
Here you can adjust the time limits to the controls. By doing so, you can possibly prevent children from accessing the system during the specified time intervals. Besides this, you can prevent children from downloading files by making some alteration in the download settings.
Web Page restrictions
Here you can restrict the web pages or sites that children can visit. It is a good idea to block specific websites that contain bad or porn contents. Besides this, you can restrict the downloading action too. When enabled, a notification message pop-up appears on the screen, if someone tries to download files from the internet.
You can control access to games on your system by blocking them. To know the procedure for the same, contact the technical support center.
Block specific programs
Here you can block specific applications. By doing so, you can prevent children from running those applications.
For more details on Parental Control feature, you may visit the Windows Vista Help website and our tech support blogs.
Cookies are small sized files that the websites saves onto the computer of the user so that the websites will be able to remember certain preferences of the user the next time the user visit the website. Although cookies can prove to be quite helpful, they can often prevent the websites from operating efficiently. Most of the Mozilla Firefox errors can be traced back to damaged or corrupt cookies.
For some websites to work properly, cookies might have to be enabled. If you are unable to open a website due to cookies being blocked by your browser, you might have to enable to cookies in order to start working again. To enable cookies on your browser, click on the “Options” menu in your Firefox web browser, then access the drop-down box located next to “Firefox will”. If you want to see a group of checkboxes that helps you to enable or disable the cookies, click on the “Use custom settings for history” potion. Make sure that there are checkmarks next to the “Accept cookies from sites” and “Accept third-party cookies” options.
Remove all cookies
Clear all the cookies that have been saved in your browser, and then clean the browser history. You can do so by clicking on the “Clear your recent history” option, which is located under the Options menu’s Privacy section. Click on the drop-down menu of the new window and then choose the “Everything” option. Click on the “Arrow” shaped icon that is displayed next to the “Details” option. Make sure that every item has a check mark displayed next to it. Click on the “Clear Now” option and wait for a few minutes, as Firefox may require some time to clear all the data.
These are the guidelines that you need to follow, in order to fix some common Mozilla Firefox errors. As you can clearly see, these guidelines are quite simple and easy, which makes troubleshooting of the Mozilla Firefox web browser an easy process.
Mozilla Firefox web browser is one of the most popular web browsers used by millions of users across the globe. Mozilla has released a number of versions; including the 5.0a2 (Aurora) that has been launched in order to give the users an opportunity to check out the Firefox Version 5 before it got officially launched. Compared to the previous versions of Mozilla Firefox web browsers, Firefox 5 offers improved security and advanced features, thereby assuring you an enhanced browsing experience. Firefox 5 allows users to install themes of their choice. These themes are Mozilla Firefox add-ons that will allow you to customize your browser. Installing the themes in your Firefox browser is an easy process. So, here in this post, I have come up with some simple instructions that will guide you through the process.
Installing Mozilla Firefox add-ons
- Begin the procedure by launching the Mozilla Firefox 5 (Aurora) web browser on your computer.
- Now, in the Firefox window, you need to click on the option that is labeled by “Tools” located on the upper left part of the Firefox window.
- Next up, you need to click on the “Add-ons” option on the drop-down menu. This will open up the add-ons window.
- Once you do that, you need to click on the tab that reads, “See all themes and personas”that is found on the bottom-right corner of the add-ons window. Doing so will redirect you to the page that shows all available themes for your Mozilla Firefox 5 web browser.
- Following which you need to go through the list of available themes and select the one that you want to install. When you click on the theme you want to install, you will again be redirected to the page where you can add all the details regarding the theme you chose.
- After that, you need to click on the tab that reads “Add to Firefox.” This will open up the installation window on your computer screen.
- Finally, you need to click on the tab that is labeled “Install Now.” This will initiate the installation process. If prompted, you need to click on the “Restart Firefox” tab.
Now, that’s it! By now you must have successfully installed a new theme for your Mozilla Firefox web browser. The next time you start your browser, the theme you selected will be displayed. For any further assistance on this, please get in touch with our tech support team.
The Microsoft Windows operating system comes loaded with special features that allow it to back up all files that are labeled necessary and critical. The feature maintains a copy of the System32 directory files and other registry files that are essential for the smooth running of the system. The feature is also designed to replace and fix all the damaged System32 directory files in your system. Follow the steps briefed below to know more about how to use and repair damaged system files in Outlook.
Fixing Microsoft problems on Windows
- Switch ON your Windows desktop/ laptop and sign in to your administrator account providing the necessary details.
- Launch the Windows file explorer page and click the icon with the CD/DVD image. This will make the disk tray eject. If your system does not have an inbuilt CD/DVD drive, use a USB powered DVD/CD drive. Close the auto play window that pops up after you insert the disc.
- Launch the Start menu. To launch the Start menu, click on the Start label placed on the bottom left corner of the Start screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu using the Windows keyboard shortcut key. From the Start menu pop up, click on the label that reads, All Programs. From the All Programs sub menu, click on the label that reads Accessories. This will make the Accessories list drop down. If you are using a Windows XP powered machine, launch the command line icon. If running Windows Vista or 7, right click and select the label that reads command line icon and hit the label that reads Run as Administrator.
- Right click the text field. Enter sfc /scannow as the search word into the command line. To initiate the search, hit the Enter button. The sfc will initiate the system scan and will replace the missing or damaged system 32 files on your device.
- Keep in my mind, occasionally the sfc program may access the installation disc inserted into the drive to copy the original installation data into your system to repair or replace the damaged system 32 files. Press OK once the scan stops.
- Reboot the computer and check whether any issues persist.
For more assistance and support on the same, feel free to reach our Microsoft Problems help desk. Follow the above fix measures to fix the Microsoft problems of corrupt system 32 files on your computer.
Windows Vista was launched by Microsoft in the year 2007 with the sole purpose of enhancing the computing experience. The built-in performance enhancing Vista tools is guaranteed to boost up your system’s performance. Follow the steps below to use these tools with ease.
Microsoft support instructions
- Launch the Control Panel window. Switch the Control Panel view from category to classic. From the Control Panel window, select the label that reads System and Maintenance found in the Task Manager. This will help you run down the risks to your PC and at the same time help you know more about the same.
- Select the label that reads Performance Information and Tools from the menu. The menu will brief you with your system’s performance, previous and current activities and other settings related information.
- Launch the Settings page and browse for the option that reads Windows Diagnostic Infrastructure. The framework will return you with the problems and issues connected with the system as well as the steps to troubleshoot the same.
- Now you may select the option that reads Disk Diagnostics. The Disk Diagnostics feature will help you track down disk failures and other associated issues. The Disk Diagnostics feature will not only brief the disk failure issues, but will help you out with the steps for data backup.
- Now, select the label that reads Memory Diagnostics. Your system will now prompt you with quick updates on crashes and OS problems that occur due to poor memory. Hit the Restart option. If the Memory Diagnosticsreport a defective memory, the computer will initiate a memory test as soon as it resumes after the system restart.
- Select the label that reads Network Diagnostics to find the exact reason behind the Internet connectivity failure. This tool will help you diagnose the issues with your internet connection and will provide support to troubleshoot the issues.
- Initiate the Resource Exhaustion Prevention tool to identify the resources. This tool will help you find the root cause behind the system crashes and other data loss scenarios that cripples the operation of your PC.
The above steps are guaranteed to help you make your system perform faster. Follow the steps above to make your system self diagnose and troubleshoot the issues. For any assistance on the same, feel free to contact the Microsoft support team.
The latest Mozilla Firefox browser version is loaded with security features that help users keep their systems off malicious files and web pages. They keep the system secured from attacks of hackers online. Follow these simple instructions to keep your system secured from virus attacks and malicious codes.
Mozilla Firefox settings instructions to change the Security Options in Firefox
Find the Security Options
- Launch the application on your device. To do so, click on the label that reads Mozilla Firefox, from the start menu. Click on the Start orb placed in the bottom left corner of the home screen. From the Start pop up, click on the label that reads All Programs. From the All Programs submenu, select the Mozilla Firefox label.
- From the home page, select the label that reads Tools for Windows or Firefox for Mac users. Then click on Options for Windows, or Preferences for Mac.
- From the Tools dropdown, select the label that reads Security.
- Checking and un-checking the boxes next to the first two labels will help you custom-set the Firefox security options. The boxes check for websites with forged or expired SSL certificates. They also decide on allowing add-ons and pop ups. Hit Exceptions to allow sites to install add-ons to your computer. You can list down the sites that you want to install add-ons. The feature forged or expired SSL certificates…will prevent the browser from navigating to sites with expired or forged SSL certificates.
- If you want to, you can make Mozilla Firefox browser save and remember passwords for all sites. It also allows provides the user with the provision to implement a master password. Proceed to the next step if you want to do this.
- Set the warning messages in Mozilla Firefox browser. Hit the Settings option in the Warning Messages box. This will launch a dropdown box. Check the boxes next to the warning messages, which you wish to receive from Mozilla Firefox. After you are finished with setting this up, hit the OK button.
- Click OK button in Windows, or close the Preferences box on a Mac, to save the changes made. Close all the browser windows and tabs.
- Re-launch the browser and check whether the changes have taken effect or not.
Change the Security settings in Firefox
Follow the Mozilla Firefox settings instructions briefed to change the security settings in Firefox. For more assistance on the same, contact us on our toll-free number, or ping us on our open discussion forums.
The newest version of Windows Internet Explorer, Explorer 8, is enhanced with updates that are capable of tackling or preventing socially engineered malware and viruses. The newest version has been tested to provide 63 percent more protection against threats, when tested alongside other market leaders like the Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Opera. The newest version is available on the Microsoft Windows website, free of cost. Follow the tips and support listed below to download the latest version of Windows Explorer 8.
Microsoft tech support instructions
- Switch on the system and log in to your administrator account.
- Launch the default browser installed on your device. Click on the Start orb placed in the bottom left corner of the Windows home screen. From the Start instant pop up, select the label that reads, say for example if chrome browser, Google chrome. Alternatively, you can launch the browser by clicking the desktop shortcut icon.
- Wait for the browser to load. When the browser is done loading, click on the search space. Enter www.microsoft.com/windows into your browser’s address bar. Hit either the Enter key or the green arrow key, to initiate the search.
- Depending on your internet connection status, the browser may take some time to load. Scroll down the Microsoft store home page using either the navigation key or the mouse scroll wheel. Click on the link that reads Download Internet explorer. You will find this link located beneath the Windows Downloadscolumns, at the bottom of the Windows website. Your browser will take you to the webpage listing the latest and compatible versions of the same.
- Hit the download link in the Internet explorer page. When prompted, select the Country/Region from the drop down list. Click the link for the latest or the updated compatible version for your system. The download will begin within 2 to 3 seconds. If it doesn’t, click on the link to manually begin the download.
- Hit the Save option when prompted to save the file. Browse through the file system, and select a location to save the downloaded file. The download time will depend on the internet connectivity. Depending on the connection status, it can take from minutes to hours.
Stay connected with us for more support. You may also drop into our Microsoft tech support blogs and forums for assistance. Follow the above tips to download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Windows Live messenger is an instant-messaging social networking application that allows the user to send and receive files using Live Messenger contacts. Besides allowing you to exchange files, the application also allows the user to chat with his/her friends and family by sharing voice and video.
At times, you may have some issues with the audio output on Windows live messenger. Troubleshooting windows live messenger is quite simple. Follow the simple guidelines mentioned below to troubleshoot Windows live messenger application.
Windows Live Help instructions to fix Windows Messenger Audio Problems
- Launch Windows Live Messenger application. You can launch the Live Messenger either by clicking the desktop shortcut label or by clicking the shortcut plugged on the taskbar. You may also launch the same, from the Start menu. To launch the Live Messenger from the Start menu, click on the Start orb or the Windows icon placed on the bottom left corner of home screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu by clicking the Windows shortcut key on the keyboard.
- Wait for the application to load. Click on the option labeled Tools placed on top of the Windows Live Messenger home screen. From the Tools dropdown menu, select the option labeled Audio and Video Setup. Follow the onscreen instructions to custom set and configure the audio and video devices.
- Check your webcam. Make sure that the webcam is connected properly with your computing device. Close all the open windows. Hit the restart option. Launch the Start menu and click on the shutdown option. From the dropdown, select the label that reads Restart. A system restart can often fix the issues of faulty system boot up.
- Remove all the third party applications interfering the normal working of the audio system. Once again, launch the Start menu. Click on the Windows Start button to launch the Start menu. From the Start instant popup, select the label that reads search. Enter Appwiz.cpl, the search term into the text space and hit enter. You may also initiate the search by clicking the Green Go label placed next to the address bar. Scroll down the search result and search for third party applications installed in your system. Uninstall the third applications like MyWebSearch Toolbar, Smiley Central, Messenger Plus, Info Pen, Kiwee Toolbar or Macrogaming SweetIM. After you finish uninstalling, hit the Restart option.
Follow the Windows Live Help instructions briefed above to fix the audio issues of messenger application.
You may come across some errors when you try to enable the Out of Office Assistant feature in Microsoft Outlook 2003. The error will prevent you off accessing the tool. The errors often occur when the user makes use of the application in the off-line mode. Follow the instructions briefed below to fix your issues with Outlook 2003.
Instructions to resolve Outlook problems
- Switch on the computer. Click on the Administrator account option and log in as the administrator.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2003 application. To open Outlook 2003 application, either click on the desktop shortcut link or click on the Outlook 2003 application icon pinned on to the taskbar. Alternatively, you can launch the application Outlook 2003 from the Start menu. Click on the Start orb placed on the bottom left corner of the home screen. Select the All programs label. From the All Programs menu, select the label that reads Microsoft Outlook 2003.
- Wait for the application to load fully. From the quick access toolbar, select the option that reads File.
- Select the Work Offline option. Outlook 2003 will now let you access the synchronized folders and files.
- Select the Tools option from the toolbar displayed on the top. From the Tools submenu, select the option that reads Out of Office Assistant.
- Review the rules and conditions. Make sure that these rules are not responsible for the cause of the problems that you are facing. For example, if you have set a rule to assign a specific number of days for the assistant to send messages, you will surely run into trouble. If you find any such rule, preventing you from sending messages, check out the next step. If not skip it.
- Hit the label that reads Edit Rule. This will let you edit the rules. If you intend to delete any of the rules, hit the delete option. Hit the OK button to save the changes that you have made.
- Check your incoming and outgoing mail server details. Make sure that the entered settings are correct. Contact your mail server provider if necessary. It would be better to contact the technical service center of your mail service provider for detailed configuration settings.
Follow the above tips and guidelines to resolve Outlook problems with “Out Of Office Assistant” . For more assistance on the same feel free to contact our Outlook support desk.