Windows Vista is the second Windows platform that comes with Windows Security center. The Windows Security Center, an innovation from Redmond professionals, consists of security programs such as Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. These programs combine their effort with the Windows security center to protect the Windows Vista platform.
Windows Security Center
Windows Security Center is a security program or utility that protects Windows platforms from internal and external attacks. It cleans up malwares in the computer and blocks the intrusion of attackers from the internet. It also shows messages when user’s attention is required and takes emergency actions as per the user preferences or settings. Windows Security center was introduced first in Windows XP SP2. They have continued integrating this utility in the entire Windows platform series until now, which includes Windows Vista, Windows 7 and the latest colorful Windows 8.
Windows Vista comes with the Security Center. They introduced it in the released version of Windows Vista and continued in the different service packs of the OS. Sometimes Windows Security center alerts becomes a real pain for the end users as it hinders the smooth flow of many works done in computers. If you have the same attitude towards the Windows Security Center alerts, I can help you disable it. Windows Vista help has contents on the topic disabling security alerts. Here are some instructions that will take you of the course of disabling the Windows security alerts in Windows Vista. Follow the instructions and save the day.
- Power ON your PC. Select the Windows Vista from the boot loader if you have multiple operating systems. If you have single OS, do nothing and wait for the Windows Vista platform to load.
– Log in using the administrator account. After entering the Login password, wait for the Windows Desktop to load.
– After the Desktop is loaded, click on the Start Button located at the bottom right corner of the screen. In the Start Menu that popped up, click on the Control Panel option on the right pane.
– In the Control Panel window, click on the Security Center option. In the Security Center settings window click on the link “Change the Way Security Center Alerts Me“. (in the left pane)
– Select the option “Don’t Notify Me but Display the Icon” or “Don’t Notify Me and don’t Display the Icon“.
– The last option is not recommended, as you won’t be able to find any security alerts.
In case of any trouble, check the Windows Vista help Index.