Microsoft Outlook is the most used personal information manager application, especially in the business sector. But many users still utilize this application for sending and receiving email messages. Besides this basic feature, MS outlook allows other useful features, such as Calendar, Outlook Address Book, and Distribution list etc. Using these features, business individuals can conduct meetings and appointments without much effort. No doubt, the program is another remarkable product from the Microsoft workshop. Also, Microsoft provides Outlook support to its users for free.
While sending an email message through MS outlook, when you start typing the email address in the To field, the application fills the addresses in depending on your email sent history. Sometimes the program displays a different address than the required one, and then you can erase this email address from the Autocomplete address cache; alternatively, you can just delete the entire Autocomplete database for addresses. The procedure is quite simple and even a beginner can perform it without making any errors.
How to delete an Autocomplete Address?
- Input the email address that you wish to erase into the To field. Stop entering the address when you see the Autocomplete address.
- Now hit the down arrow key on your keyboard to pick out the email address.
- After this, hit the Deletekey on your keyboard. This automatically deletes the particular email address from the Autocomplete list.
How to erase the entire list of Autocomplete Addresses in MS Outlook?
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook program on the system. For this, double-click on the Outlook shortcut icon located on the desktop screen of the system.
- Now go to the Programs top menu bar, and click on the File tab. This pulls down a File menu with an Options tab in it.
- Now click the Options tab to launch the Options window.
- From the newly displayed Options window, click on the Mail tab.
- Now choose Send Message option, followed by clicking Empty Auto-Complete List option. Now the entire Autocomplete addresses within MS Outlook will be automatically removed.
- Finally, click Finish to save the settings that you have made in the Outlook Configuration settings.
No doubt, these instructions will surely aid you to delete the Autocomplete addresses in MS Outlook application. For more details on handling the Outlook Address Book, visit the Microsoft Outlook Website.