If you had purchased MS Word, you are supposed to activate the product within 30 days. If you fail to do this activation in the specified time period, the program may get locked. Here, I wish to mention two methods for activating the MS Word application.
How to Activate MS Word online?
For activating MS Word program via online you need an active internet connection.
- Open MS Word program on your Windows computer. For this, click Start and then select All Programs option from the Start menu.
- Now locate the Microsoft Office folder in the generated applications list and then select Microsoft Word.
- Click on the File tab and then choose Help tab from the drop-down file menu.
- In order to start the Activation process, you need to access the tab that reads Activate Product key.
- Follow the onscreen guidelines to finish the activation procedure. Here you need to provide the Product key for activating the product online.
- Once you have finished the activation wizard, close the MS Word program.
Re-launch the MS Word application again to confirm whether the product is activated properly or not. Follow the below mentioned instructions to confirm.
- Click on the File tab, and then choose HELP tab.
- If the product is activated correctly then you may not find the Activate Product Key option in the Help options.
How to activate MS Word over the Telephone?
You can follow the same instructions mentioned above to launch the Activation wizard.
- Input your product key when prompted. Once you finish this, you are provided with an installation ID and a telephone number for activating the product over the telephone.
- Call up the activation center using the phone number provided on the activation wizard. The Microsoft Tech Support representative will ask you for the installation ID and after verification will provide you a confirmation ID.
- Input the confirmation ID into the space provided in the activation Wizard followed by pressing the Enter Key. When finished, close MS Word program.
Now open MS Word again by double-clicking the MS Word icon on the desktop screen.
- Click File, and then select the Help option.
- If the application is activated correctly, then you will not find the Activate Product Key option in the drop-down help menu.
If you find any difficulty in following the above discussed instructions, contact the Microsoft Tech Support panel for additional support.
The Microsoft Windows operating system comes loaded with special features that allow it to back up all files that are labeled necessary and critical. The feature maintains a copy of the System32 directory files and other registry files that are essential for the smooth running of the system. The feature is also designed to replace and fix all the damaged System32 directory files in your system. Follow the steps briefed below to know more about how to use and repair damaged system files in Outlook.
Fixing Microsoft problems on Windows
- Switch ON your Windows desktop/ laptop and sign in to your administrator account providing the necessary details.
- Launch the Windows file explorer page and click the icon with the CD/DVD image. This will make the disk tray eject. If your system does not have an inbuilt CD/DVD drive, use a USB powered DVD/CD drive. Close the auto play window that pops up after you insert the disc.
- Launch the Start menu. To launch the Start menu, click on the Start label placed on the bottom left corner of the Start screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu using the Windows keyboard shortcut key. From the Start menu pop up, click on the label that reads, All Programs. From the All Programs sub menu, click on the label that reads Accessories. This will make the Accessories list drop down. If you are using a Windows XP powered machine, launch the command line icon. If running Windows Vista or 7, right click and select the label that reads command line icon and hit the label that reads Run as Administrator.
- Right click the text field. Enter sfc /scannow as the search word into the command line. To initiate the search, hit the Enter button. The sfc will initiate the system scan and will replace the missing or damaged system 32 files on your device.
- Keep in my mind, occasionally the sfc program may access the installation disc inserted into the drive to copy the original installation data into your system to repair or replace the damaged system 32 files. Press OK once the scan stops.
- Reboot the computer and check whether any issues persist.
For more assistance and support on the same, feel free to reach our Microsoft Problems help desk. Follow the above fix measures to fix the Microsoft problems of corrupt system 32 files on your computer.
Windows Vista was launched by Microsoft in the year 2007 with the sole purpose of enhancing the computing experience. The built-in performance enhancing Vista tools is guaranteed to boost up your system’s performance. Follow the steps below to use these tools with ease.
Microsoft support instructions
- Launch the Control Panel window. Switch the Control Panel view from category to classic. From the Control Panel window, select the label that reads System and Maintenance found in the Task Manager. This will help you run down the risks to your PC and at the same time help you know more about the same.
- Select the label that reads Performance Information and Tools from the menu. The menu will brief you with your system’s performance, previous and current activities and other settings related information.
- Launch the Settings page and browse for the option that reads Windows Diagnostic Infrastructure. The framework will return you with the problems and issues connected with the system as well as the steps to troubleshoot the same.
- Now you may select the option that reads Disk Diagnostics. The Disk Diagnostics feature will help you track down disk failures and other associated issues. The Disk Diagnostics feature will not only brief the disk failure issues, but will help you out with the steps for data backup.
- Now, select the label that reads Memory Diagnostics. Your system will now prompt you with quick updates on crashes and OS problems that occur due to poor memory. Hit the Restart option. If the Memory Diagnosticsreport a defective memory, the computer will initiate a memory test as soon as it resumes after the system restart.
- Select the label that reads Network Diagnostics to find the exact reason behind the Internet connectivity failure. This tool will help you diagnose the issues with your internet connection and will provide support to troubleshoot the issues.
- Initiate the Resource Exhaustion Prevention tool to identify the resources. This tool will help you find the root cause behind the system crashes and other data loss scenarios that cripples the operation of your PC.
The above steps are guaranteed to help you make your system perform faster. Follow the steps above to make your system self diagnose and troubleshoot the issues. For any assistance on the same, feel free to contact the Microsoft support team.
The newest version of Windows Internet Explorer, Explorer 8, is enhanced with updates that are capable of tackling or preventing socially engineered malware and viruses. The newest version has been tested to provide 63 percent more protection against threats, when tested alongside other market leaders like the Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Google Chrome and Opera. The newest version is available on the Microsoft Windows website, free of cost. Follow the tips and support listed below to download the latest version of Windows Explorer 8.
Microsoft tech support instructions
- Switch on the system and log in to your administrator account.
- Launch the default browser installed on your device. Click on the Start orb placed in the bottom left corner of the Windows home screen. From the Start instant pop up, select the label that reads, say for example if chrome browser, Google chrome. Alternatively, you can launch the browser by clicking the desktop shortcut icon.
- Wait for the browser to load. When the browser is done loading, click on the search space. Enter www.microsoft.com/windows into your browser’s address bar. Hit either the Enter key or the green arrow key, to initiate the search.
- Depending on your internet connection status, the browser may take some time to load. Scroll down the Microsoft store home page using either the navigation key or the mouse scroll wheel. Click on the link that reads Download Internet explorer. You will find this link located beneath the Windows Downloadscolumns, at the bottom of the Windows website. Your browser will take you to the webpage listing the latest and compatible versions of the same.
- Hit the download link in the Internet explorer page. When prompted, select the Country/Region from the drop down list. Click the link for the latest or the updated compatible version for your system. The download will begin within 2 to 3 seconds. If it doesn’t, click on the link to manually begin the download.
- Hit the Save option when prompted to save the file. Browse through the file system, and select a location to save the downloaded file. The download time will depend on the internet connectivity. Depending on the connection status, it can take from minutes to hours.
Stay connected with us for more support. You may also drop into our Microsoft tech support blogs and forums for assistance. Follow the above tips to download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Microsoft has designed an efficient web conferencing service called Microsoft Office Live Meeting, where users can easily communicate with different people connected on the network. This is a commercial, subscription-based web conferencing service, which is usually set up in organizations and business enterprises with lots of branches associated with them. Windows Live Meeting makes the communication between people connected on the network easy. With Microsoft Office Live Meeting, users can share images, videos or any type of file, with so much of ease. Mentioned below are Windows Live Help guidelines to install Windows Live Meeting on your computer.
Instructions for installing Windows Live Meeting
- Launch any of the web browsers on your computer, and navigate to the Microsoft Office Live Meeting website.
- Once you get into the Microsoft Office Live Meeting site, look for the license agreement and accept the terms and conditions to proceed with the installation. Locate the button for “Accept Terms and Install Client” and click on it.
- After this, you will see the File Download dialog box pop up.
- Click the “Save File” button to save it on to your computer. You have the option to choose the directory to save the file in. For quick access, it is better to save it on the desktop. You will find a file with the name “LMSetup.exe” saved on your computer desktop. Double-click on this file to start the installation of Microsoft Live Meeting application.
- Wait until the installation is complete. You will get a dialog box which says “Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 has been successfully installed” on your computer screen. It will take only a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Click “Close” to exit this dialog box. Microsoft Office Live Meeting is finally installed on your computer.
- In order to check whether Live Meeting was successfully installed, go to the Start menu and select “All Programs”. Locate “Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007” and click to open the program. If you are able to open the program successfully, it means that the program is successfully installed.
See how easy it is to install Windows Live Meeting on to your computer. All you have to do is download the executable file, and install it on your computer. It is that simple. Avail Windows Live help in case you need any assistance on this.
Microsoft Office Live Meeting is designed as a commercial web-conferencing service that lets users connect with different people connected on a network. Users who want to use Live Meeting need to have it installed on their computers. Microsoft Live Meeting needs to be installed on all client PCs, and on a central server, in order to establish the communication. The client PCs connect to the server to start the session. Using Live Meeting, one can share photos, images, videos or any other files with anyone else on the network. The following Windows Live Help guidelines will assist you in installing Microsoft Live Meeting on your computer.
- Launch Internet Explorer or any other web browser on your computer, and navigate to the Microsoft Office Live Meeting website.
- Look for the option to download and install the Live Meeting client.
- From the website, locate the button “Accept Terms and Install Client” and click on it. You will get the File Downloaddialog box as you do so.
- You will find the “Save File” button on this dialog box. Click on it to save it on your computer. Choose the save location as desktop.
- Go to the desktop and find the file named “LMSetup.exe“. This is the setup file for installing the Microsoft Live Meeting program.
- Double-click on it to start the installation.
- “Installing Microsoft Live Meeting” dialog box will appear on your computer screen.
- After the installation is complete, “Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007 has been successfully installed” dialog box will appear on your computer. It will take only a few minutes to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click “Close” to exit from the dialog box.
- To check whether Microsoft Live Meeting was successfully installed, go to the “Start” menu, then “All Programs“, “Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007” and then select “Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007“. If you are able to open Microsoft live Meeting, it means you have successfully installed the program on your computer.
Live Meeting is especially helpful in companies, which have many different branches that need to communicate with each other. Live Meeting is a simple-to-use program that can be easily installed onto any computer. If you want to get more tips on using Microsoft Live Meeting, you can make use of the Microsoft Live Help menu, or you may contact Windows Live Help to get advanced help.
The Microsoft’s Windows Update feature lets you download and install the latest updates, patches and application fixes for various Windows applications, and for the operating system itself. Theses updates are necessary for the smooth functioning of your Windows computer. This feature helps you to equip the computer with essential security and stability updates, which will in turn make your computer perform better.
Microsoft recommends Windows users to perform Windows update regularly, so that they get the best experience possible. Microsoft lets you do the update in two ways, either manually or automatically. By turning on the Automatic Update feature in Windows XP, your system will automatically check for available updates and install them in your computer. The Manual update option lets you check for updates manually and install only the selected ones. The below mentioned Windows Help guidelines will help you to perform Windows Update on an XP computer.
- Click the Start button and select the “Run” command.
- Type “sysadm.cpl” into the Run dialog box and then press the “Enter” key.
- You will now see the Automatic Updates window.
- Alternatively, you can select “Control Panel” from the Start menu and double-click on the “Automatic Updates” icon to open it.
- Select the Automatic option, which is the option recommended by Microsoft. Selecting this option will automatically download and install the updates for you. Under this you will see a dropdown list to select the interval and time, so that Windows can perform the update. You may either select the Every day option, or any particular day from the drop down menu, and the time to perform the update.
- You may also choose to download the updates but not to install them. Or you may choose to be notified about the available updates but not to download them. And you have the option to turn off the Automatic Updates. However, doing this will eventually make your computer more vulnerable to virus attacks.
- If you just want to download the updates but don’t want to install it, select the Download updates for me option.
- After you have selected the appropriate option, click “Apply” and then click “OK”.
- Restart your computer to effect the changes.
After the computer is restarted, the system will check for updates and install them on your computer as per the option you have selected. For more Windows help on updating Windows XP, visit the Microsoft Help and Support Center.
Windows XP is a popular operating system from the Microsoft for use on both home and business computers. Microsoft released several versions of Windows XP which includes home, professional, and ultimate. The improved graphical interface and the ease of navigation help Windows XP to make a first-rate impression among Windows users within a short time period. Microsoft’s technical team incorporated a Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP, which offers extra protection and security to your Windows computer while surfing over the internet.
If you have any other antivirus software program installed on your system or no longer need the service of the Windows Firewall, then it’s advisable to disable this feature. However, you have to disable the Windows firewall manually. The below carved pointers from the Windows online support panel will aid you to perform the task in an easy way.
Steps to follow
- Switch on your Windows powered machine.
- Access the Start button that lies on the lower left corner of the Windows desktop window. This will bring up the Windows Start menu and you have to select the option labeled Control Panel from it. Now you were able to see the Control Panel home window.
- From the list of options in the Control Panel window, choose the option that reads Performance and Maintenance. When done, click on the option labeled Administrator Tools.
- Double-click on the Services tab in the administrator tools window. This displays the Services dialogue box.
- Right click the option that reads Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in the services dialogue box that appears. When done, click on the properties tab. This opens a properties dialogue box and you have to choose the Start Type option form it.
- Now click on the option that reads Disabled to disable the Windows Firewall security.
- In order to confirm the disabling procedure, you need to access the Stop tab located at the lower part of the window.
- Once you have completed the un-installation procedure, click on the Apply tab.
- Finally, access the OK tab to exit out the properties window. When done, restart the Windows XP system to apply the new changes that you have made in the Windows XP configuration settings.
Follow the guidelines mentioned above, offered by the Windows online support panel, if you wish to uninstall the Windows Firewall Security feature in Windows XP. If you have any doubts regarding this, you may seek the assistance of Windows XP technical team.
Xbox 360 is one of the popular video game consoles from Microsoft, released in November 2005 and having competing standards with Sony’s Play Station and Sega’ s Dreamcast. As a remarkable breakthrough in the field of video game consoles, Xbox 360 hosts a variety of features and among them, the integration with Xbox Live content is praiseworthy and quite enjoyable. The sales count was over 70 million as of 2012 September.
The Xbox Live services allow the users to explore online facilities like downloading arcade games, game demos, trailers, TV shows, music and movies. In addition, it offers access to several third party media streaming applications too. The graphical user interface of the Xbox 360 is known as Dashboard and it automatically is booted without a disc in it. Since its release, Microsoft has also launched several updates for the Dashboard software. The updates include added features like enhanced Xbox Live functionality and multimedia capabilities along with a modified compatible environment for several accessories.
Xbox 360 provides many privacy settings too. You can lock the Xbox hard drive by creating a password in order to prevent unauthorized access. Here, I am providing a few Windows online support guidelines to change the Xbox password.
Instructions to follow
- First, you need to press down the Power button in your Xbox and highlight My Xbox option on the screen. You should tap the A key to select it and then scroll down to System Settings.
- Again, press the A button to select the Family Settings. You need to select the Console Controls in order to view the console settings.
- In the Pass Code field, you should enter an incorrect password, which will initiate the incorrect pass code pop up window on the screen. You have to select the A button to select the Reset Pass Code option. Then you should enter the answer to the pass code security question and press the A button on the game console.
- Now, you need to provide a new password by tapping the X and Y buttons on the controller. Enter the same code in order to confirm the new code reset.
- You have to create a new pass code reset question and enter the answer for it. Then you should highlight the Done button on the screen and tap the A button to finish the reset process. You should tap on the A key when the Save Changes popup window appears in order to complete the setup.
If you want further help, you can seek the services of Windows online support centers. It is recommended to note down your pass code in a different location for easy access.
When the computer boots up, Windows loads a list of programs, which is included in its startup list. The more number of programs you have in your Startup list, the more will be the time taken by your computer to load during boot up. So if you want your computer to load more quickly, you might well need to remove some unwanted programs from your Startup list. You may disable these unwanted programs from the Startup list and prevent them from loading again, during the startup process. You can accomplish this task by using the “MS Config” tool, which is included with the Windows operating system. To know more about how to use “MS Config” you may visit the Microsoft Help menu. Below are the instructions to remove unnecessary programs from the Startup list.
Instructions to disable programs from Startup list
- Go to the “Start” menu and click “Run”. Type “msconfig” into the Open text field and click “OK”.
- This will open the Microsoft Configuration window. Select the “Startup” tab on the MS Config window. Here you will find the list of programs that you may include or exclude from the startup list. There will a checkbox included next to each program. A marked checkbox beside, means that the particular program in included in your Windows Startup list.
- Go through the list to see if there are any unwanted programs included in your startup list. Unmark the checkbox adjacent to the program that you don’t want to load during system boot up. Repeat this for every program that you want to disable from the Startup list.
- Once you are finished with this, click “OK”.
- To take effect the changes, you need to restart your computer because your computer has already loaded with those programs. Click the “Restart” button to reboot your computer.
Now that you have disabled those unwanted programs from the Startup list, your computer will boot faster. There are more such troubleshooting steps that can help your computer boot faster.
If you are not sure about how to follow these instructions, then it would be better to get professional help from Microsoft help and support team. They can remotely access your computer and fix the issues for you. Hope this article was informative.