Installing The Windows Security Patch
Security patches are released by Microsoft with the intention of enhancing the overall performance and security of a machine that operates on the Windows operating system. These updates from the Microsoft support center are released periodically and will be available for every Windows user in the download segment on their official website. Many interpret this feature as a measure from Microsoft to improve the security side of a window operating system. But it’s not; it is made with the aim of improving the overall performance of the system. These updates will configure your computer to withstand online threats and other malicious activities while at the same time fixing glitches that the company’s technical team may have detected in the operating system. Information about the security patch installed on your system can be obtained from the Control Panel of the system. Microsoft also allows a user to procure the details of updates done from the Microsoft knowledge database. The method however does vary slightly with respect to the operating system that is in use.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Boot Windows with the administrator privileges.
- Hit the “Start” tab that lies at the bottom left corner of the desktop.
- Select the “Uninstall a Program” tab from the “Programs” that lies inside the Control Panel”.
- Tag on the “View Installed Updates”.
- Pick out a certain “Security Update for Microsoft Windows”.
- In order to know more about the security update released, you will have to go to the Microsoft database with the help of the following link:
- Gain access to your Windows machine with the administrator privileges.
- Trigger the “Start” tab that is placed down below the desktop interface on the task bar.
- From the startup menu, click on the “Control Panel” tab and pave way for the “Add or Remove Programs”.
- Put a check besides the “Show Updates” box.
- Now opt for the tab portrayed with the label “Security Update for Windows XP”, update will be featured on the Microsoft website with an unique number, for example; KB941693.
- By going to the “Installed On” window you will be able to know the installation date.
- Get more information regarding the security patch from the link:
The technical terms associated with these instructions may prove to be quite difficult to certain users, in such situations go to the Microsoft support hub for more support.