When the computer boots up, Windows loads a list of programs, which is included in its startup list. The more number of programs you have in your Startup list, the more will be the time taken by your computer to load during boot up. So if you want your computer to load more quickly, you might well need to remove some unwanted programs from your Startup list. You may disable these unwanted programs from the Startup list and prevent them from loading again, during the startup process. You can accomplish this task by using the “MS Config” tool, which is included with the Windows operating system. To know more about how to use “MS Config” you may visit the Microsoft Help menu. Below are the instructions to remove unnecessary programs from the Startup list.
Instructions to disable programs from Startup list
- Go to the “Start” menu and click “Run”. Type “msconfig” into the Open text field and click “OK”.
- This will open the Microsoft Configuration window. Select the “Startup” tab on the MS Config window. Here you will find the list of programs that you may include or exclude from the startup list. There will a checkbox included next to each program. A marked checkbox beside, means that the particular program in included in your Windows Startup list.
- Go through the list to see if there are any unwanted programs included in your startup list. Unmark the checkbox adjacent to the program that you don’t want to load during system boot up. Repeat this for every program that you want to disable from the Startup list.
- Once you are finished with this, click “OK”.
- To take effect the changes, you need to restart your computer because your computer has already loaded with those programs. Click the “Restart” button to reboot your computer.
Now that you have disabled those unwanted programs from the Startup list, your computer will boot faster. There are more such troubleshooting steps that can help your computer boot faster.
If you are not sure about how to follow these instructions, then it would be better to get professional help from Microsoft help and support team. They can remotely access your computer and fix the issues for you. Hope this article was informative.
The Microsoft Word application allows the users to create documents, fax cover letters and other document files with ease. The application comes loaded with many inbuilt tools like the ruler, which allows the users to manage and view tabs, indents and margins with ease. By default, the applications like the ruler will not appear on the Word application screen. Follow the tips below to access the advanced Word options and to make the hidden ruler appear in Microsoft Word screen.
Microsoft help instructions to find the hidden ruler in Microsoft Word
- Launch Microsoft Word application. To launch Microsoft Word, click the Start orb placed on the bottom left corner of the home screen. From the Start menu pop up, select the label that reads Microsoft Word. Alternatively, you can launch Microsoft Word by clicking the desktop shortcut icon or by clicking the shortcut plug-in.
- Move the mouse pointer to the scroll bar on the far right end of the program. Highlight the icon placed in between the scroll bar and the quick access toolbar. When you hover the mouse pointer over the small button, a new pop up with the View Ruler label will appear. Click the button to reveal the hidden Ruler in Microsoft word.
- From the quick access toolbar placed on top of the application window, select the label that reads View. From the dropdown, select the option that reads Show. Place a tick mark in the square box next to the label that reads Ruler.
Alternatively, you can make the hidden Ruler on Microsoft Word appear by following the method explained below:
- Select the label that reads File from the quick access toolbar. From the dropdown, select the label Options on the bottom right hand side of the dropdown. This will launch the Word options Window.
- From the Word options Window, select the label that reads Advanced.
- From the Display window, select the box next to the label Show vertical ruler in Print Layout view. You may need to scroll down the menu to find this heading.
- Hit the OK button when prompted to save the settings.
Follow the above tips to make the hidden ruler appear in Microsoft Word. For more assistance and tips, reach us on our Microsoft help toll free24/7 helpline number. Send us your valuable feedbacks and queries on the same.
Microsoft hit the world market with the operating system Windows 98 in the year 1998. Since then Microsoft had updated their operating systems regularly. A couple of years later, they came up with the Windows Millennium Edition (ME) as the replacement for Windows 98. Even after many years, users continue to use Windows 98 and ME as the operating system software. Follow the simple Microsoft help guidelines briefed below to know more about how to use Windows 98 & Windows ME.
Instructions to run Windows 98 & Windows ME files
- Launch the Start menu. To launch the Start menu, click on the start label placed on the bottom left corner of the Start screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu using the Windows keyboard shortcut key. From the Start menu pop up, click on the label that reads, All Programs. The All Programs menu will list down the details of all the programs that are installed on your system. Click the program icon to launch the application.
- Open the Start menu. From the Start menu, select the label that reads Run. This will launch the Run command window. The Run command prompt on Windows device allows the user to launch any program or folder with ease. Enter the name of the program that you want window to launch. Click OK to launch the application.
- Launch the Start menu. Enter the program name into the text space. Hit the Enter option to launch the search engine. From the dropdown, select the label C: drive. Select the search now option. Double-click the program icon in the search results window to launch the application.
- Launch the Start menu. To launch the Start menu, click on the Start label placed on the bottom left corner of the Start screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu using the Windows keyboard shortcut key. From the Start menu, select the label that reads Settings. From the settings submenu, select the Control Panel option.
- Change the Control Panel view from category to classic.
- From the Control Panel window, select Add/Remove Programs to install or uninstall software.
- To change the internet explorer features, select the change Internet Options option. The option will get you access to the internet explorer settings window.
- Click the Display option in the Control Panel window to adjust video settings. Vary the video resolution, color depth and screen saver options.
For more options drop in to our Microsoft help website. For more assistance and help on the same, feel free to contact our tech support center.
Microsoft outlook allows its users to print an email and store it forever. Malicious or spurious email contents can create problems on Outlook. It can make Outlook give you error messages like the invalid XML error, or render it unable to open the contacts folder, or to open attachments. These errors can keep you off accessing the printing device, and thereby create issues for you. Follow the steps below to fix these errors and to help Outlook to establish a connection with Outlook.
Instructions to fix the INVALID XML error
- Launch the file explorer window. Launch the Start menu by clicking the Start orb placed on the bottom left of the home screen. From the start menu pop up, select the label that reads My Computer or Computer. Alternatively, you can launch the same using the keyboard key combo, Windows + E.
- Enable the option to show the hidden files and folders. Launch the Microsoft Outlook application on your device. To launch the Microsoft Outlook application, either click on the label that reads Microsoft Outlook, or select the option that reads the same from the Start menu pop up.
- Click on the Tools option on the quick access toolbar. From the Tools dropdown, select the option that reads Folder Options.
- From the submenu, select the label that reads Organize and then click the label Folder and Search Options. This will launch the Folder and Search Options window. Select the tab labeled View. Select the box next to the label that reads Show All Hidden Files and Folders, from the View tab. Hit OK to save the changes made.
- Launch the file explorer Window or the My Computer window. From the file explorer window, navigate into the drive in which Outlook is installed. Often the system files get stored into the C drive. Double click the Documents and Settingsfolder in your C drive.
- Open the folder that corresponds to your Username. Open the folder labeled Application Data, followed by the folder labeled Microsoft. From the Microsoft folder, open the Outlook. Alternately, paste the following address in the navigation bar: C:\ Users\ AppData\ Local\ Microsoft\ Outlook.
- Delete the file labeled OutlPrnt in the Outlook folder.
- Re-launch Microsoft Outlook and check whether all the errors have been fixed or not.
Follow the simple guidelines mentioned here to fix one of the most common errors in Microsoft Outlook. For any more tips on how to enable printing in Outlook 2002, contact our Microsoft Help and support center.
Microsoft Office is so far the best and the most popular word-processing package, which is being used by both households and organizations alike. Microsoft Office suite is not just a word-processing package, but includes various software programs that find its use in a wide range of applications. Microsoft Office suite contains different application programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access etc. Since these applications share a common platform, it allows for the use of data from in application by the other. Let’s get familiar with the various applications that come bundled with the Microsoft Office suite. Microsoft Help menu, which is included with these applications, provides a way to self-troubleshoot many associated problems.
Microsoft Word is undoubtedly the most popular word-processing software available around. Using Word, one can create plain documents, as well as documents with images and animations. The user-friendly tools and features in Microsoft Word let you create documents easily and neatly.
Nothing surpasses the way in which Microsoft Excel lets you create spreadsheets. Microsoft Excel is a very popular spreadsheet program, using which users can manipulate and organize different data. The data is entered into rows and columns contained in Excel. Excel lets you perform many complex mathematical calculations and functions using its built-in formulas, with so much of ease. It lets you create charts and graphs so that you can use them to project data in a simpler and more attractive way.
Using Microsoft PowerPoint, one can create attractive and creative presentations that contain different slides. Along with the text, users can include images, animations, backgrounds and even video clips to make the presentation more enjoyable and attractive.
Microsoft Outlook has long been considered the best desktop email client used for managing your various email accounts. Its user-friendly interface and features let users manage their different email accounts effectively and efficiently. It also doubles as a contact manager, calendar, and organizer that helps you stay on task.
Microsoft Publisher is a light desktop publishing program, using which one can create wonderful brochures, business cards, fliers, hoardings or any marketing material. Using Publisher, users can create and print really attractive and impressive documents. You can make use of Microsoft Publisher to help boost your business and present your ideas.
If you happen to get stuck with some sort of trouble while using any of the Office applications, get assistance from Microsoft Help and Support Center online, or call the Microsoft tech support team and get your problem fixed.
Microsoft Security Essentials is a free anti-malware software program developed by Microsoft to prevent malware and other malicious files from infecting the Windows systems. If you have a Windows system with Microsoft Security Essential program installed and is not satisfied with the service of this antivirus software, then you may install a new one that can suit all your requirements. However, before installing the new antivirus program, you must uninstall the Microsoft Security Essentials program in order to avoid the conflict with other antivirus programs.
Microsoft Help Instructions to uninstall Microsoft Security Essentials
- First you should bring up the Windows Start Menu by hitting the Start tab that lies on the bottom left corner of the Widows desktop interface.
- Then you have to access the option marked Control Panel from the displayed Start menu listings. This will open up a new window, the Control Panel wizard.
- Now locate and click on the option marked Add or Remove Programs in the new window to view the list of software applications that you have installed on the desktop system.
- Go through the list of applications and locate Microsoft Security Essentials folder in it. When finished, click on the Remove button to uninstall the program.
- In order to confirm the deletion, you should click on the Yes tab. Now, Windows will automatically uninstall the program. Once you have removed the application completely, you will be able to view a message saying the program has been uninstalled successfully.
If you find this method a bit difficult, then try the below mentioned one.
- Bring up the Windows Start menu by hitting the Start button.
- Now access the Run option from the Start menu options to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Now input appwiz.cpl into the dialogue box followed by pressing the Enter key on your keyboard. This displays the entire applications that you have already installed on the computer.
- Scroll down the list of applications and locate Microsoft Security Essentials folder in it. When done, click on the Uninstall button to remove the program from your hard drive.
- Once you have completed the uninstalling procedure, reboot your Windows computer.
Note that, if you have installed any other versions of Windows operating system other than Windows XP on your system, then the above-discussed methods may not work well. In that case, feel free to call up the Microsoft Help team for assistance.
All versions of the Windows operating system include a simple and user-friendly graphics or painting utility called Microsoft Paint. Using MS paint one can draw, edit or import pictures. Like other image editing programs, MS Paint too has color palettes and multi-functional tool bar. You can find MS Paint under the Windows Start menu, within the “Accessories” folder. MS Paint’s easy to use tool bars and features let users create images or edit pictures the way they want to, though with limited options. It saves files in standard formats such as “.jpg” and “.bmp”. More complicated image editing programs like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, use the same basic principles as that of Paint. So Paint also serves as a learning platform for users who wish to use more advanced editing programs in the future. If you would like to remove MS Paint from your computer, you could do it easily by following the below mentioned instructions. The following Microsoft Help guidelines will let you remove MS Paint from your computer.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking the icon on your computer desktop. Alternatively you may open “My Computer” from the Windows Start menu.
- Browse to the folder “System32” under the “Windows” folder in the “C:\” drive. You may directly go to the System 32 folder by typing the folder location “C:\Windows\System32” into the navigation bar at the top of your windows screen.
- Usually the contents of this folder will be hidden to protect it from accidental deletion, or the modification of system files. If it asks you whether you want to view the contents of the folder, click “Yes” to access the hidden files.
- Now locate the executable file named “mspaint.exe” and right-click to open the popup menu. Select the option “Delete” to delete it from your computer.
- You may also want to delete the associated files with MS Paint application like the MS Paint help files.
- To do that, browse to “C:\Windows\Help” folder. You will land on Windows Help folder. This folder contains the Help files required by different applications. Now locate the help files for MS Paint. You will find two help files related to Paint. Delete these two files like you did before.
Now Microsoft Paint is completely removed from your computer. Make sure you don’t delete any other system files from the System32 folder or Windows Help folder as it will have adverse effects on your computer. Advanced help is available at Microsoft Help and Support Center.
Microsoft Word is a featured word processing application, which is very suitable for several of your home and business works. It is a major component of the Microsoft Office Suite, yet a standalone software compatible with operating systems like Windows and Mac. I do not think there is another word processing utility other than Word, which is so popular and widely used in small-scale desktop publishing and documentation jobs. In addition, while sending text files via email, often Word files are used because a user with a computer can read a Word document easily, most of the time it is available with Windows itself.
In Mac platforms also, Microsoft Word can present an excellent performance, with a wide range of features and updates to improve its quality. The navigation tabs at the top grab special attention among these, which are very helpful in navigating through the pages as well as removing particular pages. Here I am including a few Microsoft help guidelines to remove pages of Word on a Mac system.
Steps to follow
- First, you need to start the Microsoft Word program in your Mac system. In most of Mac computers, you can start Word by using the shortcut in the dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Then you need to navigate to the page in the document that you wish to delete. You can scroll through the pages or you can use the Page Down and Page upkeys.
- Click anywhere on the page in order to position the cursor on the page.
- Select the Home tab. Then you should locate the Find panel, which lies at the right hand side of the screen. Next, you should click on the arrow that is at the right of Find panel. Then you have to select Go To option from the pop-up menu.
- There is an option saying Enter page number. You need to type \page in the space beneath this. Click on Go To. The dialog box closes and all the text on the page will be selected.
- Now press the Delete key to remove the text and the page. On a MacBook, press the Backspace key.
Word is very compatible with Mac OS and you can have detailed assistance in this aspect from many of the Microsoft help pages that are available online or in our website.
Occasionally, Vista operating system may develop some malfunctioning due to corruption or missing of certain system files. At this point, the System File Checker utility can be of great help in checking and repairing such errors. The following description provides very good computer support for Vista systems while you attempt to use the File checker application.
How to use System File Checker in Vista
- First, you need to boot the computer in the Safe Mode, especially when you are unable to access the normal Windows Vista desktop due to a lost or missing system file. Shut down your system, wait for a few seconds and turn on the computer again. Then immediately you need to press the F8 key before the Windows splash screen loads in order to access the Advanced Startup Menu. Using the arrow keys, you will be able to select the Safe Mode and then press the Enter button. Now the driver-sparse version of Windows will load and it is quite beneficial for troubleshooting.
- Select the Start button, then All Programs and Accessories. Then you must right click on the Command prompt icon and choose the Run as Administrator option. When the operating system prompts you to confirm that you are the computer administrator, you need to click on the Allow button. Command prompt opens now; In fact a DOS like interface in which you can enter commands to run utilities for fixing and repairing the computer.
- When prompted, enter sfc/scannow. This command will initiate Windows System File Checker, which will scan the Windows installation directory for any corrupt, missing or non-authenticated versions of the Vista operating system files. The System File Checker keeps a record of the system files and by default, this program replaces those files, which do not match with the File Checker’s record. This facility is helpful in eliminating certain viruses, which replace the original system files with
- When the system file checker completes the diagnostic operation type Exit in the command prompt and press the Enter button to return to the Safe Mode. Then you should shut down the computer normally. Restart the system and allow Vista to load normally.
Getting efficient computer support for your Windows systems is not a big job as there are plenty of Microsoft help pages available online. You can also directly contact a professional at the support center for receiving very good technical assistance regarding any issues on the computer.
Microsoft Access, also called as Microsoft Office Access, is a popular data management system developed by the well known Microsoft. The application comes preinstalled with the professional edition of Microsoft’s Office suite, which provides a wonderful platform to create databases and simple applications. In this post, I’d like to mention how to create an online help file for Microsoft Access.
Creating an Access Help file is a simple process, and the below pointers recommended by the Microsoft Help crew, will assist you to accomplish this in three steps
1. Download the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop
Firstly, you need to launch the internet web browser on your computer. Then navigate to the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop website, where you can see a download link for the help file generator.
Now download HTMLhelp.exe file by clicking the Download link. When finished, double-click on the file to open the installation window. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process without any problems. Once the installation process is finished, click Finish to exit the installation Window.
2. Generate Help File
First of all, create the Help file using a text editor or word processor. After creating the file, save the file in the RTF format, short for Rich Text Format.
Now launch the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop by simply double-clicking on it. Once the program is loaded, add the file you just created to the help system. If the entire setup is ready, you have to compile the help system for generating the .chm file.
3. Compile the Help file with the program
You have to choose the Design View for report or form. After this, open the file that you have created.
Now input the compiled help file name into the Help file field, seen at the lower part of the window. Then you can see the HelpContextID field. Here, you have to provide the numbering for the topics. Normally, the topic you created first is numbered as 1 and the next topic as 2 and so on. These numbers act as a map for the particular application, and when a user presses the F1 key, he is redirected to the appropriate help topic existing within the Help system. Repeat the procedure for all the topics in the program.
Hope these Microsoft Help instructions will aid you in creating and adding a Microsoft Access help file to the application. This will make maneuvering the databases a relatively easy task.