Microsoft Outlook imports the user’s nickname cache into a hidden message in your default message store when you attempt to launch the application for the first time, or try to configure it. The nickname cache file will be named as profilename.nk2. Outlook renames the file to profilename.nk2.old, once it is successfully imported. This is a single time process and the nickname cache will not be imported anymore with any further launch of the application. Outlook 2010 maintains your nickname cache by making changes to the hidden message in your default message store. It does not use the .nk2 file for maintaining your nickname cache.
So if you are looking forward to import a nickname cache file into your Outlook 2010 even after the initial cache importing process, you can follow these Outlook tech support guidelines to easily complete the task.
- Navigate to the location %appdata%\Microsoft\Outlook using Windows Explorer, and make sure that the .nk2 file is in present in the folder
- Also make sure that the .nk2 file you just located has the same name as the Outlook 2010 profile you are currently working upon. You can make use of these steps to know the profile you have currently opened.
- Open the Control Panel window by clicking on the Start button and selecting the Control Panel icon from the menu that pops out.
- In the new window, double click on the Mail icon to open it.
- Navigate to Show Profiles in the mail setup dialog box which will list out all your profile information.
- Open the Run tool from the Windows Start menu.
- Type outlook.exe /importnk2 into the text box titled Open, and then click Ok to continue. This action will successfully import the .nk2file into your Outlook profile.
- Once the import process is completed, the existing nickname cache which is currently stored in your mailbox will be merged with the files that were imported.
- We have already discussed that the .nk2 file is renamed with a .old file name extension when your Outlook 2010 is launched for the first time. So remove the .old file name extension if you wish to import the .nk2 file again.
You can easily import a nickname cache file into your Outlook 2010 by following the above given instructions. If you need further assistance, you can get in touch with the Outlook tech support team.
One of the most popular email programs, used worldwide, is Microsoft Outlook developed by Microsoft Corporation. This email program comes with the Windows operating system, as a part of Microsoft Office suite. The interesting feature of this program is that is allows many additional features besides the normal sending and receiving of email messages. Using the Outlook program, you can manage features like contacts, calendar, schedules, etc. The alert system is a rarely used, but still an important tool that reminds you when you receive a new email or updates, when the program is running in the background. This desktop alert feature in Outlook keeps you informed, and gives access to new notifications immediately.
The Outlook alert may be set off when you receive a new email, a task request, or new meeting alert. The default settings in Outlook set the alarm on, and so you will access this feature if you have the default settings. If the settings are changed so that the alarm is turned off, or you wish to bring some default alarm settings in your computer, you can easily bring the necessary settings by following the tips under Outlook tech support, which are discussed below.
Steps to Follow
- Start the Outlook program to bring the necessary settings. To do so, go to the Start menu located at the bottom of the screen, and click on the All Programs option. Select Microsoft Office and click on Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- On the top of the Outlook screen, click on the Tool menu, and select Options.
- Go to the section marked as Email, and select the Email Options button.
- Locate and click on the button marked as Advanced Email Options in the Message Handling group.
- Locate and check the box labeled Display a New Mail Desktop Alert, to enable the desktop alert.
- In the section When New Items Arrive in My Inbox, click on the button labeled Desktop Alert Settings.
- Adjust the slider in the Duration option to set the alert duration, and in the Transparency option to set the degree of alarm transparent or opaque. The Preview button will let you preview the alert.
- Click on the OK button in the Desktop Alert Settings, Advanced Email Options, Email Options and Options windows, to finish the alarm settings.
Following these Outlook tech support steps will help you bring the necessary changes to your alarm system in Outlook.
Although the Outlook inbox is designed to handle a lot of emails, too much of it could create those occasional problems which can be really frustrating. So it is better to archive those old email messages to free up more space in your Inbox. You can archive both through the Microsoft Outlook application installed on your computer and the Outlook Web Access as well. It is also possible to configure the application to archive messages automatically after a preset time. Outlook tech support instructions to deal with archives in MS Outlook and Outlook Web Access is detailed in this article.
Auto Archiving in Outlook
- To start with, you need to open the application first. Do it by either double clicking on the respective shortcut located on your desktop. If you don’t have one, do it through the start menu.
- Continue by accessing the “Tools” option located at the top of the menu bar. This is where you will have all the option to configure the settings of the application. So from the tools menu, select the one labeled “Options”.
- Go to the tab titled “Other”.
- Under this tab you will be able to see a button labeled “AutoArchive”, click on it.
- Decide on how frequently you want the application to do the archiving. Say example, if you have select 7 days, the application will then automatically archive all the email messages present in your at the end of the seventh day. Once you are done with that, choose the archive location of your choice. You can use the “Browse” button to do the selection of folder. Hit the “Ok” button for the changes to take effect.
- Sign in to Outlook Web Access by entering the correct username and password.
- Decide on the email messages that you wish to archive manually and select the same by clicking on it. If you wish to archive more than one email messages, simple hold the “Shift” key while making multiple selections.
- Finally hit the button labeled “Mark/Archive” located at the top of the screen, just beneath the main tool bar of Outlook Web Access. This will archive all those selected email messages to the respective location.
So that is the way to the way to go about archiving email messages in both Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Web Access. If you have further doubts, contact the Outlook Tech support team.
Most people use the Digital subscriber line these days. This is essentially a family of technologies that give instant Internet access through digital data. This is a wireless network given out by the Internet service provider. Let’s see how we can configure the settings for this.
Outlook tech support to Set Up Acuity E-mail (Bellsouth DSL)
- To start off, you need to select the Tools option. A drop-down box is displayed. You need to select the button labeled “E-mail Accounts”.
- Locate the button labeled “View or change existing E-mail accounts” if you already have set up the email, and click on the same. If you have not yet created one, you need to select the Add a new e-mail account button.
- Select the button labeled “Next” to proceed to the next step. Select the button labeled “POP3”. Hit the button labeled “Next”. To tweak the Internet email settings, you need to first enter your full email address and name in the “E-mail Address” and “your Name” field respectively.
- Write down the username and password in the current Bellsouth settings page, if it already contains one. This is for later use. If these fields are blank, then it advised by the Outlook tech support and help teams that you contact the Bellsouth at the number 1-888-321-2375.
- Locate the section labeled “Logon Information” and navigate to the “Username” field. In the case of Acuity Marketing, you need to contact the number 615-591-7025 ext 203 for the username and password.
- In the “Password” field, you need to enter the password you created. Click on the box labeled “Remember Password” button. In the “Incoming” mail server field, you need to enter the address as“mail.acuitymarketing.com”.
- In the “Outgoing” Mail Server field, you need to enter “mail.bellsouth.net”. Please be advised that you should not check the option “use secure password authentication”.
- To advance to the next step, you need to select the button labeled “More Settings”. Select the tab labeled “General” and enter a general label. This is to identify said account in the field labeled “Mail Account”.
- You need to enter your full email address in the field labeled “Reply-To”. Select the tab labeled “Outgoing Server”. Locate the box labeled “My outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication” and check on the same.
- Now check the box labeled “Log on using” and click on the “OK” button.
This concludes the instructions provided by the Outlook team. Visit tech websites for alternate methods to the one above..
As you all know, Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email management application, developed by Microsoft. It can be used for a variety of purposes other than email sending and receiving. In the Outlook software, there exist groups of contact lists, known as distribution lists. By making use of the same, you can efficiently send emails and arrange task requests. You can also send requests to certain categories of people, and even merge the groups you created. Here I am providing a few helpful instructions to merge distribution lists in outlook.
Outlook tech support Instructions to merge distribution lists
- To begin with, you need to restart your computer. Now log in to your computer using the administrator username and password.
- When the active desktop window is displayed, you need to open the “Start” menu. This is located in the bottom left corner of the window.
- A new window with additional options is displayed immediately. To advance to the next step, you need to locate the Programs or All Programs option, depending upon the version of Windows installed.
- From the new drop down box, select the Microsoft Office option. Now choose the “Microsoft Outlook” program. The program window gets displayed immediately.
- From the program window, select the Contacts option. This is normally located on the left panel of the Outlook window.
- To proceed to the next step, you need to select the Actions menu. The “Actions” window is displayed.
- Browse through the Actions menu and get acquainted with the various options in it. Now locate the New Distribution List option.
- In the new dialogue box, navigate to the Name Section. Enter the appropriate name in the Namebox. This will be the name displayed on the new merged distribution list.
- Navigate to the top of the Distribution list screen. Locate the Select Members option and click on the same.
- Now simply select the distribution lists you wish to merge, and double click on them. The Outlook tech support and help experts recommend you to navigate to the bottom of the Select Members screen.
- Click on the OK button to proceed to the final phase. This will cause you to exit the current screen. Navigate to the upper-left corner of the Distribution List screen.
- Now locate the Save and Close option and click on the same. This will exit the program window.
The above article explains how to merge multiple distribution lists in Outlook. For more Outlook related assistance, contact our Outlook Support teams online.
Microsoft Outlook 2007 is an email program developed by the software giant Microsoft. The office suite has been developed to work on the operating system windows. With the software tool outlook, you get access to all email accounts in one stop. But what if it starts to respond slowly? Well check out the steps below and enhance your email response.
Outlook tech support
- Switch on your computer and launch the start menu. Select system properties from the start menu.
- Check whether your system meets minimum system requirements for running the Microsoft Office 2007 version. You will face compatibility issues if the system requirements are not sufficient enough to run Microsoft Office 2007. MS Outlook that comes packed with the Office for example, will not perform well if it lacks enough system software and hardware support. There are many version of Microsoft Office in the market. Install the version that is compatible with your windows version.
- Makes sure that you are running the most compatible version of Outlook with your Windows or Mac operating system. For best results, Microsoft team recommends its users to run service pack 1 which was updated very recently instead of other pack versions. Visit Microsoft’s official website for latest downloads and updates on the same.
- Arrange your emails and folders into multiple folders to enhance the performance and speed of responses. Use the above technique if your count in a single folder exceeds the 10,000 items toll mark. Enhance incoming and outgoing mail processing speeds by reconfiguring and fragmenting the data into smaller packages.
- Enhance outlook performance by removing unnecessary outlook add-ons. Remove all unnecessary third party applications
and software codes that affect the performance and efficiency of Microsoft Outlook.
- Check whether the installed antivirus code is slowing down your computer. Sometimes, the installed antivirus program can slow down the working of outlook. If you think, it is the antivirus program that is slowing down the performance of your system, have it disabled.
- Contact our outlook tech support desk for more assistance and help on the same.
Follow the above steps to enhance your Email performance with ease. If you need any more assistance on the same feel free to buzz our tech support team on the toll free number or on our email address. Enjoy fast and easy computing with our guidelines.
The Microsoft Outlook email client has revolutionized the computing world. You can synchronize your personal and official email accounts with the fully loaded Microsoft Outlook office tool with a single click. All you need to do is enable the Internet email service, which is also known as webmail accounts. The Outlook tool does not come preloaded with the specific settings-pack that facilitates account sync. So how can you enable internet email on Outlook?
The webmail settings can be changed with each communication protocols (sets of rules). The Gmail service from Google is an example of the above statement and it uses POP3 and IMAP communication protocols, which are quite different from that of other service providers.
Outlook tech support instructions to enable internet email
- Check out the communication protocol used by your internet email service. The details about the communication protocol can be obtained from the tech support pages of the organization that provided you with the internet service.
- Try reconfiguring your Internet email service to establish a communication with Outlook. Some email providers like Yahoo Mail will ask you to get upgraded to a paid version so as to use the Outlook service whereas some will just ask you to enable the connection.
- Now configure your Outlook Office tool before you start to work with your internet email account. The configuration details will depend on the email service provided and on the version of Outlook. It may not be the same onversion 08 and version 010 of Microsoft Outlook. The instructions can be obtained from the Outlook tech support system.
- You can also find the instructions on Internet email service support pages. However, since most of these updates are often out of date, following them will not take you anywhere. So better stick with the Outlook support desk for instructions and help on various email services.
- Once you have finished setting up the internet email account, test run the new settings before you launch them. Initiate the test run by buzzing an email message to the webmail account. You will shortly receive the message either in your inbox or in the folder, which can be accessed via Outlook Navigation Pane.
- Reply to the message that you received short while ago.
- The connection between Outlook and the Internet email account are correct if both the tests succeed. Repeat the steps above to enable it, if the test result is negative.
Follow the steps above to get Internet Email set on Outlook. You can contact the support desk for more assistance on the same.
MS Outlook 2003 is a program that occupies a special place in the hearts of its users. Wait, what? How can a program be so dear to its users? This may not be the case with other programs, but with Outlook 2003, users are able to perform a whole vista of operations, and the program takes care of the personal information of its users. So, what if it was to be stricken by some sort of error? It is not like error messages like “Cannot start Outlook” are uncommon in the Outlook program.
This is when there arises the need to follow a carefully planned set of instructions, which would ensure that the program leaps back into normal functionality within no time. It is possible that the program flashes the following error message on its screen, “MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version”, when you try to open it. Such an error usually occurs when the user installs other messaging program on the computer. The Outlook program breaks down to let you know that you still need the old reliability.
Given below are some steps that you can follow in order to resolve the problems in the MS Outlook program.
Instructions to resolve the Outlook error
- Start off the troubleshooting process by starting the Windows Explorer in your computer.
- Find the following folder in your computer and then open it: C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Msmapi\1033.
- Move the cursor of your mouse toward the MSMapi32.dll file, and then right click on it. Select the “Rename” option from the menu. Keep in mind that the file that you are renaming right now, i.e. Msmapi32.dll, is different from the one that was mentioned in the error message (which was Mapi32.dll).
- Rename the file as “Msmapi32.old” and then press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
- Launch the MS Outlook 2003 program in your computer.
These are the instructions provided by the Outlook tech support team that you should follow, in order to resolve the error that lead to the “MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or the wrong version” error message in your computer. As it is evident from the guidelines given here, the troubleshooting process is quite simple and easy to execute, and should take only a few minutes of your time. If you cannot start Outlook program after following this troubleshooting steps, make sure that you contact the Outlook tech support team as soon as possible.
You will have multiple mailboxes when you have access to multiple accounts on the Microsoft Exchange Server. In order to open multiple mailboxes in the Outlook 2007 program, follow these instructions given below, recommended by the Outlook tech support team.
Instructions to follow
- First of all, launch the MS Outlook 2007 program in your computer and then click on the “Tools” button located at the top of the Outlook program window. Select the “Options” button from the Tools menu.
- Choose the “Delegates” option from the options window and then choose the “Add” option. Enter the user name account of your other account and then click on the “Add” button.
- Click on the “Ok” button and then choose the “Editor” icon from the list displayed next to the mailbox. Choose the “Ok” option two more times.
- Click on the “View” button and then select the “Folder List” button. Locate the name of the mailbox and then right click on it. Choose the “Properties” option from the menu.
- Click on the “Permissions” button and then select the “Add” button from the options displayed on the screen of your computer. Type in your username and then go to the “Permission Level” box. Click on the “Owner” option located on the Permission Level box.
- Click on the “Ok” button and then select the “File” menu. Select the “Exit and Log Off” option, reboot your computer and then log in using the user account that you have added.
- Launch the MS Outlook 2007 program again on your computer and then click on the “Tools” button. Choose the “Account Settings” option from the menu and then click on the “Email” button.
- Click on the name of your account that is being displayed on the screen and then select the “Change” button. Choose the “More Settings” button and then click on the “Advanced” option.
- Choose the “Add” option and then type in the user name of the account using which you had logged in originally. Click on the “OK” button three times and the mailbox account will be added to the “Open these additional mailboxes” list.
Follow these set of simple and helpful guidelines from the excellent and ever reliable Outlook tech support team in order to open more than one exchange mailboxes in the MS Outlook 2007 program.