When an individual connects his/ her iPhone to a Windows 7 computer to charge the battery or to do a quick sync for music, contacts or calendar, the computer will launch the AutoPlay window. This can be annoying especially when you are in a hurry and when you want the device to be used for different purposes. The AutoPlay feature is handy when you want the device to perform the same task every time you plug in the device. Windows 7 powered computers allow the users to disable this feature if they find it annoying. Follow the simple instructions briefed below to fix the issues regarding AutoPlay and to stop iPhone Auto Play feature.
Windows 7 help instructions to stop iPhone AutoPlay
- Switch on your system and log into your Windows administrator account so that you can exercise your admin powers.
- Launch the Start menu. To launch the Start menu click on the Microsoft Windows Start orb placed on the bottom left corner of the home screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start menu by clicking the Windows start key on the keyboard.
- From the Windows Microsoft Start menu, select the label that reads Search. This will launch the Search Window. Enter Autoplay as the search term into the text space. Select the type from the space on the left half of the search window. Either press the enter key on the keyboard or the GO label placed next to the Address Bar. Make sure that the AutoPlay program is highlighted.
- Wait for the AutoPlay Window to launch. The AutoPlay window will list down all the programs that have been assigned AutoPlay. Scroll down the list until you find your iPhone’s name.
- Select the icon with your iPhone’s name. Click the drop-down box. From the options select the label that reads Take no action.
- Click on the Save option to save the changes made. This will prevent AutoPlay from launching for your iPhone.
Follow the help Windows 7 help instructions to fix the issues of instant iPhone pop ups. For more help on the topic, stop iPhone Auto Play Pop-ups in Windows 7 contact our help centre or support desk either via phone or on our email address. For more assistance, drop into our tech support blogs and forums.
Hotmail, otherwise called as Windows Live Hotmail, is a web based email service designed and operated by Microsoft. Today, millions of computer users around the globe depend on this free email service for managing their email messages. Users can easily download the application from the official website of Microsoft. Hotmail was the first web-based email service launched in the year 1996, and later in 1997, it was rebranded as Windows Live Hotmail or MSN Hotmail.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 for browsing the internet, then it’s possible to configure Hotmail with IE8. By setting Hotmail as the default home page in IE8, you can easily access your hotmail account. This document discusses the instructions for setting Hotmail as the default in IE8. Note that the instructions are provided by the Windows 7 Help crew, and as such will work only in the Windows 7 OS.
Steps to follow
- Start off by launching the internet Explorer 8 web browser.
- Then login to your Windows Live Hotmail account by providing the login information including your hotmail address and password in the provided fields.
- Once you finish the prior instruction, check the box that reads Keep Me Signed In. Skip this step if you are using any private systems for accessing the Hotmail account. When finished, access the Sign Inbutton located at the lower part of the log in window.
- Then you have to click the arrow marked icon located near to the Home tab in the top-right corner of the program’s main menu bar.
- From the newly displayed pull down list, choose the option that reads Add or Change Home Page.
- Now you were able to view the following selections: Add This Webpage to Your Home Page Tabs and Use This Webpage as Your Only Home Page. If you choose the first option, then Hotmail is set as an additional homepage that is opened on another browser tab. If you want to set your present homepage with Windows Live Hotmail, then you have to select the second option instead of the first one.
- After selecting the desired option, click on the Yes tab to apply the changes effectively.
These are the guidelines from the Windows 7 Help crew that you need to be followed for setting Hotmail as default in Internet Explorer 8.
Get Magic Jack upgraded in the latest version of Windows and enjoy cheap telephone service at just 20 dollars per year! The Magic Jack option is guaranteed to help the user save a lot in their telephone expenditure. The service, like other telephone services is also loaded with features like call waiting, caller ID and other services. To use the Magic Jack service you will have to plug in the Magic Jack service dongle/card into the USB port. Make sure to keep your system updated with latest Operating system patch so as to ensure the smooth running of your PC.Most desktops are now running the most stable version, that of Windows 7. Follow the steps below to update the Magic card service pack versions so as to make it work well on with this operating system.
Windows 7 Help
- Switch on your computer. Plug in the Magic Jack dongle in the USB port. To avoid problems during installations make sure that the dongle is connected with the USB port before installation. Open your web browser and type Magic Jack web site address in the search space. Drop into the website link to download the Windows 7 upgrade software. Check out the frequently asked questions section or search Google to locate the software upgrade link. Once you have located it, click download to initiate the download process. Make sure you click download the upgrade option after having the Magic Jack device connected to the USB port correctly.
- To update, Install the Magic Jack windows seven upgrade software. Wait for the software to be completely installed. The installation process would be completed in a few seconds time. Make sure that the Magic Jack software is completely installed before you unplug the dongle.
- Unplug the Magic Jack dongle from the USB port. Remove the dongle from the USB port and wait for at least 10 to 15 seconds before you plug it back in. Take it as a Magic Jack reboot.
- Plug in the dongle again and start making calls.
- Test the upgraded Magic Jack card service by making a couple of phone calls.
Contact our Windows 7 Help desk for any assistance on the same or check out our website to make use of the online chat support. There are also other services that you can use such as the phone support or email support. Many troubleshooting measures have been mentioned in the website too.