Windows XP is a popular operating system from the Microsoft for use on both home and business computers. Microsoft released several versions of Windows XP which includes home, professional, and ultimate. The improved graphical interface and the ease of navigation help Windows XP to make a first-rate impression among Windows users within a short time period. Microsoft’s technical team incorporated a Windows Firewall feature in Windows XP, which offers extra protection and security to your Windows computer while surfing over the internet.
If you have any other antivirus software program installed on your system or no longer need the service of the Windows Firewall, then it’s advisable to disable this feature. However, you have to disable the Windows firewall manually. The below carved pointers from the Windows online support panel will aid you to perform the task in an easy way.
Steps to follow
- Switch on your Windows powered machine.
- Access the Start button that lies on the lower left corner of the Windows desktop window. This will bring up the Windows Start menu and you have to select the option labeled Control Panel from it. Now you were able to see the Control Panel home window.
- From the list of options in the Control Panel window, choose the option that reads Performance and Maintenance. When done, click on the option labeled Administrator Tools.
- Double-click on the Services tab in the administrator tools window. This displays the Services dialogue box.
- Right click the option that reads Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) in the services dialogue box that appears. When done, click on the properties tab. This opens a properties dialogue box and you have to choose the Start Type option form it.
- Now click on the option that reads Disabled to disable the Windows Firewall security.
- In order to confirm the disabling procedure, you need to access the Stop tab located at the lower part of the window.
- Once you have completed the un-installation procedure, click on the Apply tab.
- Finally, access the OK tab to exit out the properties window. When done, restart the Windows XP system to apply the new changes that you have made in the Windows XP configuration settings.
Follow the guidelines mentioned above, offered by the Windows online support panel, if you wish to uninstall the Windows Firewall Security feature in Windows XP. If you have any doubts regarding this, you may seek the assistance of Windows XP technical team.
Xbox 360 is one of the popular video game consoles from Microsoft, released in November 2005 and having competing standards with Sony’s Play Station and Sega’ s Dreamcast. As a remarkable breakthrough in the field of video game consoles, Xbox 360 hosts a variety of features and among them, the integration with Xbox Live content is praiseworthy and quite enjoyable. The sales count was over 70 million as of 2012 September.
The Xbox Live services allow the users to explore online facilities like downloading arcade games, game demos, trailers, TV shows, music and movies. In addition, it offers access to several third party media streaming applications too. The graphical user interface of the Xbox 360 is known as Dashboard and it automatically is booted without a disc in it. Since its release, Microsoft has also launched several updates for the Dashboard software. The updates include added features like enhanced Xbox Live functionality and multimedia capabilities along with a modified compatible environment for several accessories.
Xbox 360 provides many privacy settings too. You can lock the Xbox hard drive by creating a password in order to prevent unauthorized access. Here, I am providing a few Windows online support guidelines to change the Xbox password.
Instructions to follow
- First, you need to press down the Power button in your Xbox and highlight My Xbox option on the screen. You should tap the A key to select it and then scroll down to System Settings.
- Again, press the A button to select the Family Settings. You need to select the Console Controls in order to view the console settings.
- In the Pass Code field, you should enter an incorrect password, which will initiate the incorrect pass code pop up window on the screen. You have to select the A button to select the Reset Pass Code option. Then you should enter the answer to the pass code security question and press the A button on the game console.
- Now, you need to provide a new password by tapping the X and Y buttons on the controller. Enter the same code in order to confirm the new code reset.
- You have to create a new pass code reset question and enter the answer for it. Then you should highlight the Done button on the screen and tap the A button to finish the reset process. You should tap on the A key when the Save Changes popup window appears in order to complete the setup.
If you want further help, you can seek the services of Windows online support centers. It is recommended to note down your pass code in a different location for easy access.
Windows Live Mail is a popular application. Here are some instructions provided by Windows online support teams that you can follow to install Hotmail on a Windows 7 system.
Guidelines to install Hotmail email program
- First of all, open the Internet Explorer program in your system. You can do so by clicking on the “Internet Explorer” icon located on the desktop screen in your PC, or by accessing the Start menu to open the program. Once the web browser is launched on your computer, access the “Windows Live Mail 2011” web page. Select the “Download Now” option, and then click on the “Save” button. The download process may take some time, so wait patiently.
- Once the downloading of the file has been completed, double click on the file that you have downloaded. You will now be able to see that an installation wizard has been displayed on the screen. After getting to this window, you will have to agree to the licensing terms in order to proceed further. The installation wizard will install Live Mail on your computer with you following the instructions.
- You will now be able to see a “Live Mail” icon displayed on the desktop of your screen; so click on this icon in order to open the program on your computer. The “Add an E-mail Account” dialog window will be displayed on the screen of your computer. Enter your full Hotmail email address and password into the appropriate boxes, located on this dialog window. There will be a “Display Name” box in this window; into this field, enter your name. Click on the “Next” button to proceed to the next step.
- This process will ensure that the Live Mail is completely configured to use your Hotmail account, and all the messages that you have received and sent using your Hotmail account will now be downloaded into your computer.
These are some simple steps that you can follow, if you want to install the Hotmail email program on your Windows 7 system. As you can clearly see, these guidelines are easy to follow, and you will be able to finish off this procedure within a few minutes. Users used to have some difficulty in installing this program, but thanks to Windows online support who provided these instructions, the users will be able to finish this procedure with ease.
Are you looking for an online chatting client that can connect you with your dear ones instantly? Then in my opinion, the Windows Live Messenger will be a good choice. Formerly it was known as MSN Messenger at the time of its initial release in 1999. After that, this messaging client has undergone several modifications and since 2005, Windows Live Messenger is an active component of the online communication services from Microsoft. This application is highly compatible with operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Blackberry OS, Xbox 360 and iOS. According to the reports released in 2009, Windows Live services have attracted more than 330 million active customers.
The Live Messenger provides a handful of features that enhances your communication experience, along with quick help from Windows online support in case you need some technical help regarding any of its various functions. Using Windows Live Messenger, you are able to share documents, photos and videos in real time. However, after the introduction of Skype, Microsoft is gradually calling back Windows Live services, yet until now, it has not lost the color and popularity. Fortunately, an existing user can easily merge with the Skype messenger.
In order to enjoy all these services, first you should have an account in this email client. This is quite simple and here I am explaining the procedure to accomplish the same.
- Open the web browser on your computer by double clicking the program icon on the desktop screen of your computer.
- You need to enter the web address of the Windows Live account sign up page in the address bar of the browser.
- Then enter the required information into the dialog boxes on the Sign Uppage. You have to provide your email address, first name, last name, and country location. You should also create a password and enter it.
- Correctly type the words in the captcha security code in the dialog box below the code. Then click I Accept.
- Then wait for the sign up process to complete. You will get an email, which confirms the account and provides log in details. Download Windows Live Messenger application. Once done, use your ID and password to start chatting.
Windows online support is also readily available for helping you at instances of any technical issues. Messaging through Windows Live is enjoyable and certainly helpful to keep your interactions lively.
The Windows Firewall on Windows 7 is a security feature included into the OS to secure your computer from malicious programs and hackers. It is the function of Windows Firewall to keep a check on the various online activities taking place in your computer. Windows Firewall checks for suspicious activities like the sending of malicious content to other computers on a network or the internet. Windows Firewall works hand-in-hand with the antivirus program to provide maximum security for your computer. If a program is found to have suspicious content, this security feature automatically blocks it from accessing your computer’s internet connection. Sometimes Windows Firewall simply blocks certain programs that it thinks is dangerous, but which actually isn’t. In such cases, you can configure Windows Firewall to allow these programs to connect to the internet so that you could use them. Avail Windows online support in case you find it difficult to configure your Windows Firewall.
- Click on the Start button and select “Control Panel”. In the Control Panel window, type “Firewall” into the “Search Control Panel” box which is in the upper right-hand corner of the Control Panel window. The search results will include the Windows Firewall security application.
- Locate the link for “Allow a program through Windows Firewall” which is under the “Windows Firewall” heading andclick on it. Now click the “Change settings” button to edit the program settings.
- Browse through the program list under the “Allowed programs and features” heading and locate the program that you want to unblock. Mark the checkbox next to it to include it in the allowed programs list. Next, click the checkbox for “Home/Work (Private)” or “Public” to give internet access to the program. Click the “Add” button to include the program into the list.
- If you are unable to find the program that you want to unblock under the “Allowed programs and features” heading, click on the “Allow another program” button and then click “Browse”. Locate the program from your computer directory and double-click on it. When the dialog box pops up, click the “OK” button to add the program to the list of allowed programs in Windows Firewall.
- Finally, click “OK” to exit the “All Programs” dialog box and close the Control Panel window.
Now that you have successfully configured Windows Firewall to unblock the program, it will be able to connect to the internet without much trouble. You could find more tips on Windows Help menu, or in Windows online support website.
Windows Vista replaced the popular Windows XP operating system version, and though it did not reach the lofty heights of its predecessor, it did manage to make a name of its own. Windows Vista incorporates the new Windows Mail email client, and a new contact management system called Windows Contacts. The Windows Contacts system is capable of integrating with the Windows Live Suite of online services.Follow the guidelines below, provided by the excellent Windows online support team, if you need to create a mailing list on a computer that is running Vista.
Guidelines to follow
- First of all, open the Windows Mail program in your computer. Click on the “Tools” button and then choose the “Windows Contacts” option from the Tools menu.
- Choose the “New Contact Group” option displayed at the top of the program window.
- Type a name for the mailing list on the “Group Name” box. Make sure that you type in an appropriate name that will help you remember the utility of the mailing list.
- Click on the “Add to Contact Group” button.
- Select the contacts that you want to add to the mailing list by clicking on them while holding down the “Ctrl” key. After all the contacts that you want added to the mailing list have been selected, click on the “Add” button.
- Click on the “Ok” button to create the mailing list in the program.
- Move the pointer of the mouse towards the mailing list, and right click on it. Choose the “Action” option, and then click on the “Send E-mail” option, so as to send an email from the group. You can also try clicking on the “Create Mail” button to send an email. After clicking on the Create Mail option, choose the “To” option in the new email and then double click on the mailing list. After finishing the above steps, click on the “Ok” button.
These are the instructions recommended by the ever reliable and excellent Windows online support team, which you are required to follow if you need to create a mailing list in a computer running on Windows Vista Home Edition. The instructions given here are quite simple and easy, and once started, you will be able to complete the whole process within a matter of few minutes.
If you are using the Windows operating system on your computer, you can have more than one user profile on your computer to manage personal files and data. Sometimes you will experience an error with a user profile and may not be able to access your profile’s contents. This may be due to some serious problems like a program crash or maybe even a corrupted file or folder and you will be met with an error message like Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted.
You need to fix Windows user issue immediately to carry on with your work and Windows online support will help you to do so.
How to Transfer Files
- Use a dummy user account to log in to your account. You can also log in to the new and corrupted user account.
- For Windows XP, click on Start, go to All Programs, Accessories, and select Windows Explorer. For Windows 7, enter Windows Explorer into the Search space in the Start menu and hit Enter. Select Documents for Windows Vista.
- 3. Go to Tools, choose Folder Options and click on View. Select the button marked as Show Hidden files and folders and uncheck the Hide protected operating system files box. For Windows XP, click OK and Yes for Windows 7. Click OK to confirm.
- Click on the primary drive and double-click on Documents and Settings in Windows XP. Select the Users and again double-click on the corrupted user’s folder. This will display the file contents of the corrupted user.
- To select the files in the corrupted user account, press and hold the Ctrl key and click on the top listed file. Scroll to the bottom and click on the last file. The entire files will be selected and release the key.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click on Ntuser.dat, Ntuser.dat.log and Ntuser.ini to deselect. Release the Ctrl key and right-click the mouse. Select Copy from the options.
- 7. Open the C: drive and go to the User folder. Select the new user you created, right-click and select Paste.
- Logoff from the dummy user and log into the new user account.
- Go to Control Panel, Select User Accounts, and choose the corrupted user and select Delete the account option. Do this for dummy account too.
Avail Windows online support if you cannot seem to get to the root of the problem even after all these measures. Always make it a habit to keep a backup of your important files to be accessed later.
The Ask Toolbar installed at the top of your browser is essentially a search toolbar that allows users to search the internet from the toolbar without having to navigate to the Ask.com website. As this toolbar comes packaged with numerous programs, users often install this toolbar on their browser without intending to do so. Whether you use the Internet Explorer or Firefox browser, you can remove the Ask Toolbar from your Windows XP system by uninstalling the associated Ask Toolbar program in IE or the add-on in Firefox respectively. Given below is how you can do it in the Internet Explorer and Firefox as recommended by the Windows online support team-
- If your Internet Explorer is open, then exit it.
- From the left side of the task bar on your desktop, select the Start button and from the resulting menu, select Control Panel. This will open up the Control Panel window.
- Now, double click the Add or Remove Programs option. This will display a list of all the installed programs. It might take a few seconds for the list to appear, so allow it to populate.
- Go through the list of programs that presently installed on your system and find the Ask Toolbar option. If you are having difficulty locating the toolbar, then look for the Ask logo.
- 5. Select the Ask Toolbar and then select Change/Remove. This will make your system remove the Ask Toolbar. Once you have uninstalled the toolbar, restart your computer. To ensure that the Ask toolbar is no longer present, open your Internet Explorer and check.
- To open the Firefox browser, double click on the Firefox icon on your desktop. Alternatively, select the Start button from your desktop task bar and from the pop up menu, select Programs followed Firefox.
- Now select Tools and then click Add-ons to display a list of installed Firefox add-ons.
- From the top of the Add-ons window, select the Extensions icon and then find Ask Toolbar for Firefox.
- To remove the Ask Toolbar, click Uninstall. Make sure that the Ask Toolbar is not present by restarting Firefox.
Follow these steps to remove the Ask Toolbar from your Windows XP system using the Internet Explorer or Firefox web browser. In case if you have any queries, let Windows online support team know about it to get the answers.
Instant messaging programs such as MSN Messenger are immensely popular because they have made communicating with people half way across the world possible. This was considered an impossible task until not very long ago. In several circumstances, users might be busy with their work and prefer not to be disturbed with the messages that keep popping up every time they sing in. As such, they might set their status as offline even when they are actually online. Even in this case, it is possible to check if the person is actually online or not.
How to check if a contact is actually online?
To determine if someone is actually online or not is pretty simple and can be done in a few steps. Windows online support has an enormous data base that has the answers to several questions often asked. ‘How to check if a contact is online or not?’ being a frequently asked question, here is a quick way recommended by them to determine if a person is online-
- To start with, go to the official MSN messenger website. To log in to your account, enter your email address and password in the respective fields.
- To see which all contacts are presently logged in and available to receive messages, click on the image of the plus sign next to the Online category.
- Now, open another tab on your web browser and go to sites such as Block Status or Status Detector, which will inspect the MSN
- To check if a contact has manually changed his/her status to offline, enter the email address of the contact and then click on Submit.
- Send a message to the user after switching back to the MSN Messenger program. If the contact is still online but has set his status as offline, then the message will go through and get delivered and otherwise, it will not be delivered.
These are the basic steps to check if an MSN contact is online or not. Try it out to check if a contact you know is actually online or not. In case you have any other queries, just look through the Windows online support database as they will have the answers to a variety of common questions. Thank you for visiting this web page folks! Have a nice day!
Windows Live Messenger is a program developed by Microsoft to fulfill the need for a chat application for the users of its operating system. It forms a formidable partnership with Internet Explorer to launch this application on your computer. Windows Live Messenger is an instant messaging client that will work on any operating system succeeding Windows XP by design. Users will have the convenience to converse with friends, family and colleagues in real-time. All you have to do is create an account in Windows Live and connect to the internet. You can also login and use Windows Live messenger to chat with their dear ones by using your Gmail ID. If you intend to use Windows Live messenger your Gmail ID then just create a Gmail account and login to the application. Follow these instructions developed by the Windows online support team to do the same.
- Find your way to the Windows Live ID “Create Credentials” website where you will be able to view the online sign-up form.
- Type in your Gmail Address in to the “E-mail Address” entry box.
- Now just type in a strong password in to the “Password” and “Retype Password” entry boxes.
- Shape out a security question and an answer to it so that you can retrieve your account if you lose or forget the password. Of course, it would be better if you were to create a question and answer that would be known only to you although it should be relevant and easy to recall.
- Now type in the validation code and hit the “Continue” tab.
- You will have to type in the Gmail Address once more in the window that will follow after this step and when you are done with that go for the “I Accept”tab to accept the terms and conditions.
- Type in the account credentials and login to your Gmail account.
- Now go to the inbox of your Gmail address and pick out the confirmation mail sent by the Windows online support team which contains a link that will get you redirected to the Windows Live website.
- Hit on the “Continue” tab.
- Launch the Windows Live Messenger application.
- Type in the Gmail credentials in to the Windows Live chat sign in page and there you have it. You are now online through your Gmail account. You can now add friends to your account and get on with chatting with them.
The chat service from Microsoft is quite popular because of its user-friendly interface and designs. The chat service may also be used to talk to the Microsoft online support service to troubleshoot problems with products from the company.