The presence of Microsoft security certificates enable users to identify the security level of websites they visit. This mechanism is very useful in the sense that it provides protection to your personal information and computer while you are browsing the internet. When you try to open a website that is not trusted, you will be warned with a Windows alert certificate. Even though this is a very useful feature, you might sometimes want to remove these alerts for some reason or other. To do this, you don’t have to dial the Windows support number, instead you can do it yourself by following the steps mentioned in this article.
Tech support instructions
- Point your mouse over the “start” button and click on it.
- From the start menu thus appeared, select the option named “Run” if you are a Windows XP user. Windows Vista users need to select “Search”, and Windows 7 users “Search Programs and files”.
- Enter “certmgr.msc” without quotations in the respective text box and hit the “Ok” button. This will open up the certificates window.
- Locate and click on the option which says “Untrusted Certificates” in the newly opened window and double click on “Certificates”.
- Highlight the certificate you want to get rid of, right click on it and select the option “Delete” from the given menu. Confirm you choice by clicking on “Yes” in the popup window. Do the same for each and every certificate that you want to remove.
Through Mozilla Firefox
Launch your Firefox browser. Select the “Tools” option located on the menu bar, from the tools menu select “Advanced” > “Encryptions” > “View Certificates”. Go to the tab titled “Your Certificates”. From the list of certificates, select the one you wish to get rid of and press the “Delete” key.
Through Google Chrome
Launch the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. Now click on “Tools” > “Options” > “Under the hood” > “Security”. Go to the tab titled “Manage Certificates”. Select the option labeled “Untrusted Publishers”, and remove those certificates that you don’t want to have anymore. You will be asked to confirm your choice by pressing “Yes” each time you press the delete key.
So that’s the how you can delete security alert certificates without dialing the Windows support number. For more information, go through our support sites which have useful topics on the same.