Outlook lets you set up as many email accounts in it as you wish. If your computer is shared with your friends or relatives, each user can set up their personal email account in Outlook. However, this Outlook feature has its own share of downsides. If you are someone who appreciates privacy for your emails, you would find yourself confused whether to use Outlook from a shared PC. Well, did you know that you can password-protect your Outlook data? It is true indeed. You can password-protect all your Outlook data.
Outlook stores your email data as a PST file in the local drive. By password-protecting the PST file associated with your email account, you can ensure that no one but you has access to your confidential emails. Below are the instructions on how to password-protect the Outlook PST file. If you need any assistance, give us a chance to help you. Our Omni Tech support desk has an independent team to help users with Outlook problems. However, if you receive any online support offers claiming to be from us, ignore them for they could be Omni Tech support scam.
- Launch Outlook and navigate to the File menu.
- Choose Account Settings from the resulting menu list.
- In the Account Settings dialogue box, select the tab titled Data Files.
- Choose the email account that needs to be password-protected.
- Next, go to the Settings button and select the option Change Password. You can find this option in the Data File menu.
- Decide a password you wish to use to lock your email account. Be sure to choose a password that you don’t forget easily. It is recommended not to use your name, surname, etc as password because hackers can figure them out quite easily.
- Enter the password in the New Password field and select the Verify Password option.
- Proceed by clicking the OK button now.
- Close the Data File Management screen by clicking on the Close button.
- Restart Outlook to check whether password protection has been activated.
You have successfully password-protected your email account in Outlook. No intruders will be able to get access to your Outlook data hereafter. We have an independent team to help you deal with Outlook problems. Let us know the problem you have with Outlook and we shall help you deal with it. In addition, be kind to report to us any Omni Tech support scam pages you come across.