Microsoft Outlook can be defined as a one stop for all email account services. With Outlook, you need not sign in and out of your Web-based email platform every time. You can configure your Outlook email client program with ease by entering your POP3 and SMTP port numbers and their server details in the configuration or setup window. You can get the details of the same by visiting your email service’s help and support page online.
Outlook setting instructions to follow
- Switch on your computer/desktop and launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on Microsoft Outlook to launch the email client program.
- From the Microsoft Outlook window, select the option Tools. Select Account settings from the tools menu.
- Select the Email tab in the account settings window and click on the New button.
- Choose the option Manually configure server settings or Additional server types and then select the option Next.
- Under Choose email service option, select Internet Email. Once you are done with the selection procedure, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- Enter your name when prompted in the space next to the label Your name and enter your email address in the space next to the label Email address.
- Set your account type as POP3 in the Account type menu. You will be asked to enter your incoming and outgoing server details in the labels next to the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server fields.
- Check whether your emails service supports POP3. If it does not support POP3, select the platform that supports POP3 service. You can select the platforms from the Account type menu like the IMAP.
- You would be requested to fill In the spaces next to the labels Username and Password to continue to the next statement.
Remember to put a check mark in the box next to Remember password and then select the option More settings.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab and then check the box under My outgoing server SMTP requires authentication. Once you are done with the above steps, select the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click on the tab Advanced and enter your email provider details. Type in the POP3 and SMTP port numbers of your email service provider in the empty fields next to the labels that deal with the same. Click OK after you have finished setting.
- Press Finish to bring the changes in effect.
Follow the above Outlook setting guidelines for setting up Microsoft Outlook. Talk with our tech support division for more assistance on the same.